After gaining admission to the university, you must contact your advisor to determine the courses that are most appropriate for you to take. Two months prior to the upcoming semester, your advisor will send an email to your MSU account, making course recommendations based on your program of study.
Mississippi State University uses email as its official means of communication with all MSU students. Please check your MSU email account (NetID@msstate.edu) daily. Information on setting up your MSU email can be found at the link for student services. You can access your email at my.msstate.edu.
- If you want to deviate from the program of study recommended for you, check with your advisor.
- If you take courses not on the list of suggestions (non-approved), there is a risk that the courses will NOT count towards your BAS degree.
All programs of study are subject to review by the Registrar's Office for graduation, even from a signed program of study. Courses that do not equal MSU courses exactly may or may not apply to your program as core courses. You can see these course translations through the CAPP report found at my.msstate.edu. To access the report:
- log into your myState account
- click on the "hamburger" icon in the top left corner in order to access the Banner tab
- click or hover over the myBanner for Students tab in order to view the Academic Records column
- click on the CAPP Compliances link.