- Completion of a Master's degree from an accredited institution
- Transcripts of college work; GPA minimum of 3.40 on master’s or specialist’s degree work
- Resume documenting his/her career in professional education
- Statement of purpose
- Acceptable scores for each of the sections (verbal, quantitative, and writing) of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). The GRE score must be current (no more than 5 years old).
- Demonstrated potential for achieving excellence as a doctoral student in an interview conducted by Leadership and Foundations faculty
- Apply online with the Office of the Graduate School.
- Deadline for admission is March 1 for summer
- One (1) year of full-time community college work experience
Please note that your application will not be considered until all forms have been submitted and your application fee has been paid.
Once enrolled in graduate study, a student who fails to meet the continuous enrollment requirement must complete an Application for Readmission to register for classes. Continuous enrollment is defined as enrollment in two of three semester terms (Fall, Spring, or Summer) with Fall enrollment required. Students who have not been enrolled for a period of three years or longer and are in good academic standing, are eligible to reapply to through the Lapsed Student Program. Readmission is not guaranteed and must be approved by the Department Head, Academic Dean, and Dean of the Graduate School. Interested students or academic departments should contact the Graduate School for more information.