Follow the guide below to ensure that you complete all that is necessary for taking courses in the Master of Science in General Biology (MSGB) program at Mississippi State University.
- Fill out the online Application for Admission selecting the "General Biology" degree option. (Selecting "Biological Sciences" will result in your application being reviewed for our on campus degree program, necessitating the submission of a new application and application fee.) The application requires a Statement of Purpose and the names and email addresses of 3 individuals submitting letters of recommendation on your behalf. A form will be provided to your recommenders via email for completion.
- Submit a $60.00 or $80.00 international (non-refundable) application fee, payable online.
- Submit one official transcript from the awarding institution of your undergraduate degree either electronically or by mail to: Mississippi State University
- You will receive an email of acceptance when you are officially admitted to MSU.
- Contact Dr. Donna Gordon, Graduate Coordination, Department of Biological Sciences, MSGB@biology.msstate.edu or 662.325.9337, who will release you for registration and will also provide continuing support to you as a graduate student throughout the program.
- Register for the Online@State Orientation course which will prepare you for online learning at MSU
- Textbooks are available 2 to 3 weeks prior to the start of classes and can be ordered through Barnes and Noble at MSU.
- You will be able to access Canvas on the first day of the semester. To access your courses, enter your NetID and NetPassword and click the Classroom tab.
Office of the Graduate School
P. O. Box G
Mississippi State, MS 39762-5507
Official transcripts being sent electronically (eScripted) should be sent to email@example.com
Once enrolled in graduate study, a student who fails to meet the continuous enrollment requirement must complete an Application for Readmission to register for classes. Continuous enrollment is defined as enrollment in two of three semester terms (Fall, Spring, or Summer) with Fall enrollment required. Students who have not been enrolled for a period of three years or longer and are in good academic standing, are eligible to reapply through the Lapsed Student Program. Readmission is not guaranteed and must be approved by the Department Head, Academic Dean, and Dean of the Graduate School. Interested students or academic departments should contact the Graduate School for more information.