To apply for a master’s degree program, you must have a bachelor’s degree in progress or completed.
How to Apply
Step 2. Submit the following with your online application:
- Statement of purpose describing your interest in the degree program and career goals.
- Email contact information for 3 references; they will be prompted to submit electronic letters of reference.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV) that includes prior education and employment experiences.
Step 3. Send the following to Mississippi State University:
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended
- GRE scores (*This requirement has been waived for applicants for Fall 2020)
Require Application Materials
- Online application
- Statement of Purpose
- Three letters of reference
- Official transcripts
- GRE Scores (*not required for applicants for Fall 2020)
Once enrolled in graduate study, a student who fails to meet the continuous enrollment requirement must complete an Application for Readmission to register for classes. Continuous enrollment is defined as enrollment in two of three semester terms (Fall, Spring, or Summer) with Fall enrollment required. Students who have not been enrolled for a period of three years or longer and are in good academic standing, are eligible to reapply to through the Lapsed Student Program. Readmission is not guaranteed and must be approved by the Department Head, Academic Dean, and Dean of the Graduate School. Interested students or academic departments should contact the Graduate School for more information.