Steps 1-5 must be completed by:
- December 1 to be considered for spring admission.
- May 1 to be considered for summer admission.
- August 1 to be considered for fall admission.
- Hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally/nationally-accredited institution of higher learning.
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.75 (based on a 4.0 scale) on the last 60 credit hours of baccalaureate work.
- Meet the Mississippi score requirements on the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators tests (CORE) or have a composite ACT score of at least 21.
- Meet the Mississippi score requirements on the Praxis II Specialty Area Examination in Special Education. The Praxis II test code is 5354 (computer-based). The minimum score requirement is 152 if taken after September 1, 2012.
|Praxis Core Area Examination Test Codes||Required Score|
|Reading - 5713||156|
|Writing - 5723||162|
|Mathematics - 5733||130|
|Combined Test - 5752||Score reported by individual tests|
The Praxis I (PPST) tests are no longer accepted by the Mississippi Department of Education.
- Have Praxis CORE and Praxis II Special Education: Content Knowledge test scores sent to MSU. Applicants should also print a copy of Praxis Core and Praxis II scores from the ETS website for their personal records. An applicant cannot be considered for the MAT-X program until these scores are on file at MSU
For more information on the Praxis CORE and Praxis II tests:
Please note that your application will not be considered until all forms have been submitted and your application fee has been paid. For additional MATX admission requirements, please see the Admission Checklist.