Follow the guide below to ensure that you complete all that is necessary for taking courses in the Geospatial and Remote Sensing Technologies certificate program at Mississippi State University.
- Fill out the online Application for Admission, and submit a $40.00 (non-refundable) application fee online or by mail. You should be able to select Special Non-Degree (SND) as your application status.
- Request official transcripts from each university or school you have previously attended. Your application will not be considered until ALL transcripts are received. The transcripts can be mailed or electronically submitted (eScripted) to the Office of Admissions and Scholarships, P O Box 6334, Mississippi State, MS 39762.
- If you have never attended college; please only submit the following:
- High school transcript showing graduation date.
- ACT or SAT scores.
- If you have attended college; please submit the following:
- Official transcripts from each school attended.
- ACT or SAT scores may possibly be required; NOT required if you have already earned a bachelor’s degree.
- High school transcript; may possibly be required.
NOTE: We recommend that you submit your online application and all necessary documentation (transcripts, application fee, etc.) prior to July 1.
- You will receive an email of acceptance when you are officially admitted to Mississippi State University.
- Every new student must register for Online Orientation. Students must complete orientation to be released to register by their advisor.
- Textbooks are available 2 to 3 weeks prior to the start of classes, and can be ordered through Barnes & Noble At MSU.
- You will be able to access Canvas on the first day of the semester. To access your courses, enter your NetID and NetPassword and click the classroom tab.
- Fill out the online Application for Admission. Choose “Online Education” as your campus and “Graduate School – Unclassified” the college choice.
- Submit a $60.00 (non-refundable) application fee, payable online or to Mississippi State University, Office of the Graduate School, P. O. Box G, Mississippi State, MS 39762-5507.
- Submit one official transcript from the awarding institution of your undergraduate degree either electronically to email@example.com or by mail to:
Mississippi State University
Office of the Graduate School
P.O. Box G
Mississippi State, MS 39762-5507
- You will receive an email of acceptance when you are officially admitted to MSU.
- Returning students who were not enrolled the previous semester (Fall or Spring) are required to Apply Online. An application fee is not required for Readmission.
- Once enrolled in graduate study, a student who subsequently does not enroll for three consecutive semesters (excluding summer) must reapply in order to register again. The student must also submit to the Graduate Office, one official transcript from each college or university attended since he or she last attended MSU, and pay a $60 non-refundable application processing fee.
Unclassified Graduate Admission is available to distance education students desiring graduate level study for purposes other than an advanced degree, such as the GIS Certificate. Distance education students admitted as unclassified status must remain unclassified for one semester before being admitted to a degree program.
Only nine (9) hours of work received as an unclassified student may be transferred to a degree program; however, hours completed as an Unclassified Graduate may not be used to satisfy provisional admission to a program of study. Departmental approval is required for an unclassified student to enroll in any graduate level course.
To register for a course, a student must be admitted to Mississippi State University.