Transfer Credit

University Requirements

All courses taken at another accredited institution are recorded on the student's permanent record; however, the student's academic advisor determines the applicability of the work toward degree requirements.

The university will accept no more than 62 semester hours from a two-year institution (Community College) toward degree requirements. The remaining 62 hours needed for the degree must come from a four-year college.

BOMP Requirements

Transfer credit can be accepted in lieu of BOMP Certificate courses offered through the Geosciences Distance Education Programs if the following criteria are met:

  • Courses must be from an accredited institution
  • Courses must be the equivalent to the program's course
  • Course must have been taken within the past 5 years
  • Student must have earned a grade of "B" or better in the course

To request a waiver for a course please send a copy of your transcript with the courses you wish to have evaluated marked. Transcripts can be faxed to 662.325.9423*, scanned in an email to or sent to:

Geosciences Distance Education Programs
Attn: Academic Advisor
P.O. Box 5448
Mississippi State, MS 39762

*Please include a cover sheet with your name, phone number, and current email address.