Broadcast|Operational Meteorology Workshop
Virtually August 3 - August 17, 2021
The BOMP workshop is the capstone to the three year Broadcast and Operational Meteorology Programs. The objectives of the workshop are:
- To provide students with a wide variety of experience in hands-on weather analysis and forecasting.
- To review the important concepts covered in the program (to assist with preparation for the Certificate exam).
- To present the latest information on more time sensitive material related to forecasting (such as new models).
- To have the opportunity to discuss and critique broadcasting methods and graphics with broadcast meteorologists from across the United States and Canada.
- To allow students to network with others in the business, and of course, celebrate the completion of the program.
BOMP students are required to finish all seventeen (17) courses with grades of "C" or better, participate in the summer workshop and pass the comprehensive exam before earning the certificate in Broadcast and Operational Meteorology.