Mississippi State University’s Bagley College of Engineering offers programs of study leading to a Master's degree in Civil and Environmental Engineering with specializations in the following areas:
- Construction Engineering and Management
- Construction Materials Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
Master's students may elect either the thesis or non-thesis option.
- Thesis option: 24 hours of coursework and 6 hours minimum of research. Thesis students are expected to fully prepare and/or submit a peer reviewed journal or conference paper.
- Non-thesis option: 33 hours of coursework. Non-thesis students may select from two options for an exit examination:
- Project and examination - a project in partial fulfillment of the degree requirements. A written report on the project in thesis format will be submitted and a formal oral presentation of the work will be made to the committee. The committee will inquisitively review the work with the student during the presentation. The report must be approved by the committee and oral examination successfully completed.
- Examination only - a comprehensive examination over all graduate coursework and core competency areas will be successfully completed. The format and content of the exam is at the discretion of the graduate committee.