Academic Advising

While you may request a current faculty member to be your major advisor, typically the major advisor is assigned at the time of admission. This assignment will be based on your area of study, research interests, and any financial support that may be offered. This person will work with you on submission of required documents, establishing a graduate committee, and your completion of all degree requirements.

The major advisor must be a full-time faculty member in Civil and Environmental Engineering. Members of the committee must be members of the graduate faculty at Mississippi State University. The majority of the graduate committee must be full-time graduate faculty at Mississippi State University.

For more information:

Dr. Farshid Vahedifard, P.E.
Academic Coordinator
325C Walker Hall