|86||Hours from Core Curriculum|
|+36||Hours of Online Emphasis Areas|
|122||Hours to Graduation|
All students who enter MSU must meet the common core curriculum requirements as set by the Board of Trustees, Institutions of Higher Learning of the State of Mississippi to qualify for any bachelor's degree.
This is a general overview of what you need to take in order to satisfy the core curriculum requirement. Please consult one of the BSIS Advisors for more specific information.
Communication: 9 hours
- English Composition I and II
Humanities and Fine Arts: 9 hours
- Foreign Language
- History or Appreciation of the Arts
Social and Behavioral Sciences: 6 hours
- Political Science
Natural Science with Labs: 6 hours
- Physical Science
- Plant and Soil Sciences*
Mathematics: 6 hours
- College Algebra
Math or Science (without lab) Elective: 3 hours
- Any of the listed natural science or math courses.
Computer Literacy: 2 hours
- Most introductory computer courses, computer language course, or business computer language course will meet this requirement.
Junior/Senior Writing Requirement: 3 hours
- Options available are dependent on the student's emphasis areas
Extra University Core: 12 hours
- Any of the types of courses listed above that are not being used already.
Free Electives: 29 hours
- Any course offered by MSU.
Professional Seminar: 1 Hour
*Courses in these subject areas are not currently available online.
Do you have CLEP credit? See what CLEP credit MSU accepts.