Military/Veteran's Assistance

Educational Benefits

Students who wish to receive VA educational assistance for the first time should contact the Veteran's Benefits and Program Coordinator, Melanie Wigington at 662.325.2024 or to determine which forms need to be completed.

If you are on active duty in the military or are a veteran, please visit the G.V. "Sonny" Montgomery Center for America's Veterans for more information on receiving support.

The Center for America's Veterans provides counseling for students who are eligible for veteran's educational benefits. The office helps students apply for benefits, provides information, and serves as a liaison between the veteran and the VA Regional Processing Office.

Tuition Assistance

All active military Distance students should obtain a Tuition Assistance Authorization (TA) form from their base Education Officer. Submit the Tuition Assistance forms to MSU's Sponsored Student Office, address below, as close to the start date of class as possible. Check the Academic Calendar for class start and end dates.

Sponsored Student Programs
Attn: Penny Benoist
P.O. Box 5316
153 Garner Hall
Mississippi State, MS 39762

Due to new policies implemented by each branch of the military regarding Tuition Assistance, you must contact your Education Services Officer for dollar limits, contact hour limits per year, as well as percent covered by Tuition Assistance. Student will be responsible for any late charges accrued, this includes late charges due to Tuition Assistance payment being received after the 30 day grace period.

Please visit the Center for America's Veterans for required documentation and additional information.

Refund and Course Credit Policy for Student Members of the Military Called to Active Duty or Deployed can be found in Academic Operating Policy 12.32.