Business Administration Minor
NON-BUSINESS STUDENTS PURSUING A MINOR
Non-Business students may broaden their education as well as expand their competitiveness in the job market with a minor in Business Administration.
Non-Business students should follow these steps:
- Twelve (12) hours must be taken at the MSU main campus in Starkville or via MSU’s online course delivery module.
- You must meet the required 2.50 MSU AND Overall GPA.
- Only one D is accepted in the minor courses.
- Follow the course requirements and pre-requisites. No course substitutions are allowed.
- COB enforces pre-requisites due to its prestigious AACSB accreditation. Consider pre-requisites when choosing a minor course.
- In order to ensure recognition for a minor, include the minor on the application for your degree. The minor and major must be declared simultaneously.
- The minor will be recorded on the transcript, but does not appear on the diploma.
COURSE REQUIREMENTS FOR MINOR IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION – 21 Credit Hours
Prepare for entrance into the world of business and/or the MBA program. Students will become familiar with basic concepts and techniques necessary for analyzing business environments, making sound business decisions, and planning one’s career.
Choose any 7 of the following:
|Course Code||Course Name|
|BL 2413||Legal Environment of Business|
|*ACC 2013||Financial Accounting|
|ACC 2023||Managerial Accounting|
|*FIN 3123||Financial Management|
|MKT 3013||Principles of Marketing|
|*MGT 3113||Principles of Management|
|BIS 3233||Management Information Systems|
|*BQA 2113||Business Statistical Methods I|
|*BQA 3123||Business Statistical Methods II|
*Indicates Pre-requisites for the MBA program
If you are interested in pursuing the Business Administration minor, please contact, Mr. Chris Pilgrim, email@example.com.