If you are admitted to a College of Business online graduate program, you will receive three letters notifying you of your status.
- Graduate Studies in Business will send a welcome letter with instructions for registration, and a program of study in an Excel file. Your advisor for MBA program is Angelia Knight (email@example.com).
- The Office of the Graduate School (OGS) will send an official notification letter that you have been accepted.
- The Center for Distance Education (CDE) will send a letter providing you with your student ID number and your NetID, and an invitation to register for the online Orientation class. This class is recommended, but not required for business graduate students.
The initial Excel program of study will include a list of your required prerequisites, if you are lacking any. After you register for your first class, you will have online access to a permanent program of study through a tool called CAPP compliances. This program automatically updates your program of study as you register or complete courses. The initial Excel file will not be updated, but you can use it for your records and planning.
CAPP contains several sections: Applied Courses are those that are required by your program, and includes those that have been completed, are scheduled and those that are to be taken.
Non-Applied Courses-USABLE includes completed courses such as transfer courses, electives, courses with a "C" grade, or retakes. These remain in the Non-Applied Courses-USABLE until they have been approved and moved to your Applied Courses by your advisor.
Please review your program of study in CAPP each semester, prior to registering for classes. Contact your advisor for corrections and modifications to your program of study.
CAPP contains several sections: Applied Courses are those that are required by your program, and includes those that have been completed, are Scheduled and those that are To Be Taken. Non-Applied Courses-USABLE includes completed courses such as transfer courses, electives, courses with a "C" grade, or retakes. These remain in the Non-Applied Courses-USABLE until they have been approved and moved to your Applied Courses list by your advisor.
IMPORTANT: CAPP is a new process, so there will be a period of transition while we make changes in CAPP that will reflect the Program of Study (Excel file) that you signed when you entered the program. Please contact your advisor for corrections and modifications to your program of study.
You will need your MSU NetID and NetPassword to access CAPP.
- Log into your banner by going to the following link: https://mybanner.msstate.edu/
- After you log in, click on the menu tab (hamburger shaped icon) at the top left of the screen, next click on the word "Banner" from the drop down menu that appears, and click on "myBanner For Students" from the menu that will appear across the top of the screen, next under "Academic Records" click "CAPP Compliance".
- Once you are in CAPP Compliances, click on "Generate New Evaluation" to view your academic records and curriculum.
If you have not completed any courses and received a grade with MSU, you will not be able to use "Generate New Evaluation". If you have a NetID and NetPassword, you can use "Generate What-if Evaluation" to see a program of study.
Any student contemplating a change in programs, for example, from Unclassified to MBA, or MBA to MSIS, can also use the "Generate What-if Evaluation" to see how your completed courses can be used to fulfill the requirements of another program.