For successful completion of the MSU Online Education program, you will need Internet access via DSL or equivalent broadband connectivity. Traditional dial-up Internet services do not provide adequate support to the many technologies used within the program.
The following software and procedures are necessary for the courses to run smoothly. Please complete the following:
- Download and install Google Chrome Browser.
- Download the latest version of Acrobat Reader.
- Download VLC Media Player.
- Some instructors may require the purchase of additional specific technologies. Be sure to check the course syllabus.
If you are having issues and need assistance reaching your new Outlook email, please refer to this guide. If you need further assistance, please fill out the form below and please be sure to include a personal email for our ability to contact you.
NetPassword Reset GuideUse this guide for assistance.
DUO (Two-Factor Authentication)
In an ever-vigilant effort to protect you from security threats, MSU has implemented a two-factor authentication process. The first factor required to login is something you know, i.e. your NetID/NetPassword. The second factor is something you have, typically your smartphone or tablet. So even if a hacker is able to steal your password, he should not be able to access your account because he doesn’t have your personal device.
Canvas is MSU's online learning management system (LMS) for teaching and learning.
These resources will help you get started:
- Canvas Student Guide
- Canvas Video Guide for Students
- Canvas Student Overview – In this introductory Canvas video, you will learn the basics about navigating through Canvas and managing your dashboard and sidebar.
- Canvas Mobile Apps - These mobile applications provide access to Canvas for students. Depending on your device, not all Canvas features may be available on the app at this time.
- Which browsers does Canvas support?
- How do I view Assignments as a student?
- What is Respondus LockDown Browser and how do I install Repsondus LockDown Browser?
- How do I view Discussions in Canvas?
- How can I use Canvas on my mobile device as a student?
- How do I view Announcements as a student?
- Assignments Overview
- Discussions Overview
- How do I check my grades in Canvas?
- How do I use the Calendar in Canvas?
- How do I view Modules as a Student?
- Canvas LMS – Student Orientation Tour
We don’t want you to be frustrated with tech issues, so we’ve made getting help as accessible as possible. You may contact us in any of these ways:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 662.325.0278
- Fill out the form below