After gaining admission to the university, you must contact your advisor to determine the courses that are most appropriate for you to take. Each semester during the advising period, your advisor will send an email to your MSU account about signing up for a virtual or phone advising appointment. You will sign up for an appointment and during that appointment your advisor will make course recommendations based on your program of study.
Mississippi State University uses email as its official means of communication with all MSU students. Please check your MSU email account (NetID@msstate.edu) daily. You can access your email at my.msstate.edu.
Public Relations Online Academic Advisor
Department of Communication
- Students must have a GPA of 2.00 on all college work prior to entering the major
- You must take the required Communication/Public Relations courses in the required order. Some courses have prerequisites, and these prerequisites must be completed before you can take the certain courses.
- If you take courses not on your recommended program of study, it is likely the classes will not count toward your BA degree.
- You must earn a grade of C or better in all Communication classes.
- In order to graduate from MSU, you must have an MSU and Overall GPA of 2.0.
All programs of study are subject to review by the Registrar's Office for graduation, even from a signed program of study. Courses that do not equal MSU courses exactly may or may not apply to your program as core courses. You can see these course translations through the CAPP report found at www.my.msstate.edu. To access the report, log into your myState account and click on the "hamburger" icon in the top left corner in order to access the Banner tab; click or hover over the myBanner for Students tab in order to view the Academic Records column where you can click on the CAPP Compliances link.